Veterans Council of Duval County Florida Come Meet-Up With Like Minded People!Every 3rd Tuesday of the month.
John Burgess email@example.com (904) 252-9497 if you have any questions.
About VCDC Meetups
Established September 04, 1985, Executive order 1985-80
To unify the veteran’s organizations of Duval County, Florida, thereby providing solidarity in communications of the veterans’ viewpoints and a means for disseminating information on the issue before local, state, and national legislative bodies that affect veterans, their families, and surviving spouses.
Use this link to share with your friends: https://mailchi.mp/3ebcab01f9a0/vcdc-july-zoom-meeting?e=40ced54fa6
VETERANS COUNCIL DUVAL COUNTY
VIDEO MONTHLY MEETING
Tuesday, July May 21st, 2020
VIDEO CONFERENCE Check-ins begin | David Trotti and Joe Snowberger (1830 – 1900)
Verification of Members and guest Registration | Joe Snowberger
CALL TO ORDER – Steven Spickelmier, Chairman
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE – Robert Williams, SGT-AT-Arms
INVOCATION – Lori Garland, Chaplain
ROLL CALL OFFICERS – David Trotti
Chairman – Steven Spickelmier
1st Vice-Chair & JAG – David Trotti
2nd Vice-Chair – Joe Snowberger
Secretary – John Burgess (June Meeting Minutes posted on JaxVCDC.org)
Treasurer – George Tatlas (Treasurer’s Report)
CHAIRMAN’S OPENING REMARKS – Steve Spickelmier
– Officer Nomination Process | Joe Snowberger
– Gathering in the Pines Update | Steven Spickelmier
– Daniel E. Schnock | Veterans Memorial Trust Fund Update
– David Mosley | Veterans Memorial Wall Update
– Al Richburg | Jacksonville National Cemetery
– David Abramowitz | Veterans Treatment Court
Additional Reports – David Trotti
GOOD OF THE ORDER
(Please raise your virtual hand and/or submit items to David Trotti and/or Joe Snowberger through the Zoom Chat capability to alert us you will have an item. We will open the floor as well. Please Forward any notes, presentations, or flyers to John Burgess for the minutes and posting on the website.
BENEDICTION: Lori Garland, Chaplain
CLOSING REMARKS and ADJOURNMENT: Steven Spickelmier, Chairman
***FUTURE PROGRAMS & PRESENTATIONS:
August 18, 2020, POW-MIA National Status Moe Moyer and Nominating Committee present Slate of Officers, Nomination from the Delegates.
September 15, 2020, Veterans Day Parade speaker? Wreaths Across America speaker. Close Nominations and Council Elections.
October 20, 2020, New Officers Term begins and Season of Valor Overview.
November 17, 2020, Veterans Day Program
December 15, 2020, Open
BE SAFE OUT THERE.
Below is the City of Jacksonville | Military Affairs and Veterans Department announcement for the July minutes. Thanks!
- We are open for services! Please know that for the foreseeable future you must wear a mask, pass a temperature check, and fill out some screening forms for entry into City Hall.
- The annual Purple Heart Day Celebration will be on Friday, August 7th at 6:00 P.M. at the Veterans Memorial Wall. A flyer is attached.
- The 2020 Homeless Veterans Stand Down is scheduled for October 8th – October 10th at the Jacksonville Fairgrounds.
Caroline Adkins, MPA
City of Jacksonville | Military Affairs and Veterans Department
117 W. Duval Street, Suite 175
Jacksonville, FL 32202
(904) 255-5524 office *
*Note the new telephone number! Please update your contact information.
Meet Our Officers
George G. Tatlas
Sergeant at Arms
First Vice Chairman
Want to Speak at this Meetup or at a Future Meetup?
Second Vice Chairman
Become a sponsor
We will be discussing Sponsorship on our website at the next meeting.