Veterans Council of Duval County Florida Come Meet-Up With Like Minded People!Every 3rd Tuesday of the month.
John Burgess firstname.lastname@example.org (904) 252-9497 if you have any questions.
About VCDC Meetups
Established September 04, 1985, Executive order 1985-80
To unify the veteran’s organizations of Duval County, Florida, thereby providing solidarity in communications of the veterans’ viewpoints and a means for disseminating information on the issue before local, state, and national legislative bodies that affect veterans, their families, and surviving spouses.
Use this link to share with your freinds: https://mailchi.mp/887c07f0448a/vcdc-june-meeting
VETERANS COUNCIL DUVAL COUNTY
Tuesday, June 16, 2020, @ 7 pm
American Legion Post 137 – MOON BUILDING
CALL TO ORDER: Steven Spickelmier, Chairman
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE: Robert Williams, SGT-At-Arms
INVOCATION: Lori Garland, Chaplain
ROLL CALL OFFICERS:
Chairman – Steven Spickelmier
1st Vice-Chair & JAG – David Trotti
2nd Vice-Chair – Joe Snowberger
Secretary – John Burgess
Treasurer – George Tatlas
Attendees Introduce them self and organization.
CHAIRMAN’S OPENING REMARKS
1. John Burgess, Secretary Minutes of the last meeting. https://jaxvcdc.org/documents/
2. George Tatlas, Treasurer
3. Harrison Conyers – COJ’s Military Affairs and Veterans Department MAVD
4. Joe Snowberger – Membership. http://jaxvcdc.org/join/
5. David Mosley – Veterans Memorial Wall
6. Al Richburg | Jacksonville National Cemetery
7. David Abramowitz | Duval Veterans Treatment Court
1. Daniel E. Schnock – Vystar Veterans Memorial Arena Trust Fund Grant Award 2020
2. Joe Snowberger – Emergency Trust Fund COVID 19
GOOD OF THE ORDER:
BENEDICTION: Lori Garland, Chaplain
CLOSING REMARKS and ADJOURNMENT: Steven Spickelmier, Chairman
***FUTURE PROGRAMS & PRESENTATIONS:
Next meeting July 21st, 2020
Below are the City of Jacksonville | Military Affairs and Veterans Department announcement for the minutes. Thanks!
1. We are back in the office. Even when we were at home, MAVD was still working hard. As a result of our services, local Veterans received $568,000 from the VA during the quarantine.
2. Our VSOs are in the office on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays and available via telephone on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
3. We have also resumed in-person free tax filing for Veterans on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Call (904) 255-5551 for an appointment. A flyer is attached.
4. If you have not seen the virtual Memorial Day Observance, you can watch it on YouTube. I would highly recommend watching it. Harrison did a great job.
5. Please know that for the foreseeable future you must wear a mask, pass a temperature check, and fill out some screening forms for entry into City Hall.
6. This morning, the Mayor announced the Senior and Disabled Relief Program. This will be a one-time payment of $300 to Duval County residents age 72 or older or any resident receiving Social Security Disability benefits. In order to qualify, you must not have received funds from the City’s Small Business Program or Mortgage Rent Utilities Relief Program. There is only one payment per household. You must have experienced a reduction in income or increases in expenses due to COVID19. Adjusted gross income must not exceed $30,000. The City will begin taking applications on Saturday at 8:00 A.M. More information should be released this afternoon to all the local news outlets via a press release on how to apply etc.
Caroline Adkins, MPA
City of Jacksonville | Military Affairs and Veterans Department
117 W. Duval Street, Suite 175
Jacksonville, FL 32202
(904) 255-5524 office *
*Note the new telephone number! Please update your contact information.
Meet Our Officers
George G. Tatlas
Sergeant at Arms
First Vice Chairman
Want to Speak at this Meetup or at a Future Meetup?
Second Vice Chairman
Become a sponsor
We will be discussing Sponsorship on our website at the next meeting.