VETERANS COUNCIL DUVAL COUNTY MONTHLY MEETING
Tuesday, Novewmber 17, 2020
American Legion Post 137, 40/8 Building
Theme: “Celebrating Veterans”
CALL TO ORDER – David Trotti, Chairman
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE – David Trotti, Chairman
INVOCATION – Pat Archuleta, Chaplain
ROLL CALL OFFICERS –
Chairman – David Trotti Chairman@duvalveteranscouncil.org
1st Vice-Chair – Rich Possert Jr. email@example.com
2nd Vice-Chair -Rhonda R. Hart-Sparks (Quorum Status) firstname.lastname@example.org PO Box 43215 Jacksonville, Fl 32203
Secretary – John Burgess email@example.com
Treasurer – George Tatlas firstname.lastname@example.org
JAG – Vacant
GUEST SPEAKER: None (Meal provided by Mission BBQ)
APPROVAL OF MINUTES | John Burgess (Note: Past Meeting Minutes posted on https://jaxvcdc.org/documents/)
ACCEPTANCE of TREASURER’s REPORT | George “Grumpy” Tatlas
A Motion Approved February 18, 2020 to attach a memo on the Minutes to Read: ”Anyone interested in the treasurer’s reports contacts the Treasurer, George Tatlas at email@example.com ” Seconded and approved.
STATE OF THE COUNCIL– David Trotti
- Steve Spickelmier | Veterans Memorial Trust Fund Update
- David Mosley and or Steve Spickelmier | Veterans Memorial Wall Update
- Harrison Conyers | COJ Military Affairs and Veterans Department
- Rhonda R. Hart-Sparks | Membership Renewal
- Al Richburg and or Steve Spickelmier| Jacksonville National Cemetery
- David Abramowitz | Veterans Treatment Court
- Videos presented from Congressman John Rutherford and City Councilman Rory Diamond
- Whether to conduct a VCDC Meeting in December 2020
- Veterans Resource Center planning
NEW BUSINESS and FOR THE GOOD OF THE ORDER
- Proposals for VMATF Protocol and Guidelines changes provided to all members/delegates to discuss with their Veterans organizations’ members in preparation for discussion and voting during the December meeting.
- Surveys for VCDC passed out for polling members/delegates for ways to improve operations and functions within the VCDC. All encouraged to solicit recommendations from their Veterans organizations.
- Nominations call for Three new 2021 One-year VMATF Grant Committee members to be held during December meeting.
BENEDICTION Pat Archuleta, Chaplain
CLOSING REMARKS and ADJOURNMENT: David Trotti, Chairman
December 15, 2020: “A Year to Remember”
BE SAFE OUT THERE and THANK YOU for SERVING THOSE WHO SERVED!
For all Calendared Veteran Events (GOTO) https://theveterancompass.org/